Sunday, May 27, 2012

5/27/2012: Hardcover Copy of The Hitchhiker's Guide To the Galaxy

Figured I might as well keep the weekend's Douglas Adams theme going with the book that started it all, my hardcover copy of The Hitchhiker's Guide To the Galaxy. Though technically what started it all for me was the original radio broadcast album, which my aunt was playing when we stopped over for a visit one evening long ago. It was the part where the whale and the bowl of petunias are called into existence above the planet Magrathea and we here the whale's inner monologue as he plunges to his death on the planet's surface far below. Funny stuff, huh? I was probably 13 or so at the time, and picked up the book a few years later. Picked it up again this afternoon.

See Also: Tattoo, Don't Panic Towel

No comments:

Post a Comment