Saturday, May 26, 2012

5/26/2102: Tattoo

Yesterday I finally did it, finally got my tattoo. Right leg on the side of my calf. I'd talked about getting one for a very long time, and it's always been this, which is an illustration from the cover of my favorite book, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I wanted something that was meaningful and would be meaningful long after I permanently scarred myself, not just something I liked now. And that book was hugely influential for me, it helped form my views and opinions on everything from politics and religion to British people and fjords.

(A sidenote to those people who got tattoos from the Harry Potter movies or, worse, Twilight: you're idiots. You love them now but in 10 years? I doubt it.)

See also: Don't Panic towel

No comments:

Post a Comment