Friday, February 3, 2012

2/3/2012: Key Cabinet

This key cabinet reflects something of a style turning point for me. After watching the first season of Queer Eye For the Straight Guy I decided it was time to update my style from Single Guy Who Lives Like a College Student Even Though He's In His 30s to something more adult. What I've settled on is something I call "World Crap." The idea being that I have a bunch of stuff that gives the appearance of me having traveled the world to collect it. When in reality all I did was travel to Target to buy it. Usually on clearance.

This key cabinet is also the only home furnishings I've ever microwaved. See the holes along the side in the lower pic? Some time after purchasing this I noticed little piles of saw dust gathering beneath it. On closer inspection I noticed larval worms burrowing in the wood. And not just any larval worms, but larval worms imported from India that would that would eventually hatch into who knows what. So I did the only sensible thing... I stuck the key cabinet in the microwave and nuked the fuckers. Killed the worms without damaging the cabinet. Am I a genius or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment