Friday, February 17, 2012

2/17/2012: Diecast Metal Millennium Falcon

This diecast metal Millennium Falcon was purchased for me by my grandmother a long long time ago. I'll say in 1978. She was visiting from New Jersey and took me to the toy store to pick out a gift for myself. Being a young boy in the late 70s I of course chose something Star Wars related. Birthday, Christmas, just for being awesome, I don't recall the exact reason for the gift but I do remember where we went. We went where every 9 year old in the Des Moines area wanted to go: Toys n More.

Ahhhh... Toys n More. I can still fondly recall their TV commercials (which I unfortunately had no luck locating on YouTube.) "Toys n more! Toys n MORE!!! TOY N MUCH MUCH MORE!!!" Looking back I don't really remember what the "more" was. It was pretty much just toys.

Fun sidenote: Had I never opened my Millennium Falcon I could sell it mint-in-box on eBay for roughly $1500.

No comments:

Post a Comment