Tuesday, January 17, 2012

1/17/2012: Egg Slicer

The kitchen does seem to fill up with gadgets and small appliances that have only one specific purpose doesn't it? Melon ballers. Quesadilla makers. Snoopy Sno Cone maker. The gadgets always gather in the second or third drawer down where they lie forgotten for years and the small appliances invariably end up shoved in the Cupboard of Rarely Used Small Kitchen Appliances that every kitchen seems to have. I swear my mother still has a fondue set that was received as a wedding gift(in an at the time stylish avocado green!) stuffed in the cupboard over the refrigerator. I have never seen this item used in my lifetime.

Despite that, however, I do regularly use my egg slicer. For what? To slice hard boiled eggs. Duh. I also sometimes will strum the wires like I'm playing a very small harp. See, I've been on a salad kick and the eggs go on the salad. Along with plenty of ranch dressing, ham cubes, shredded cheese and sunflower seeds. Once this salad kick is over, I'm sure the egg slicer will end up in the third drawer down in my kitchen. Forgotten for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment