Saturday, January 7, 2012

1/7/2012: Robe

Have you seen those giant footie pajamas with hoods for adults? It's actually called "The Lazy Slack Ass" or something. You all thought Snuggies were bad. Makes me feel OK about spending a majority of my Saturday and Sunday mornings in my robe during the winter. Normally I try to have pants on by noon so I don't feel like a complete slug. Of course it doesn't always work out that way. Sometimes you get a text from a friend just after 9:30 on a Saturday morning asking for a ride back to their car downtown and you have to put on pants earlier than you'd like.

Who came up with the robe? Was some guy just like, 'Hey, I've got an idea! Why don't we make a coat out of a towel? You can have a little belt that goes around. You could dunk the belt in the toilet! Have a toilet belt.'
- Jim Gaffigan

I got this big fluffy maroon monstrosity of a robe at Target during the post-Christmas clearance insanity period (one of my favorite times of year at Target). If I recall, it was regularly $39.99 and was marked down to $7.48. When something is marked down that much the question "Do I need this?" (cause usually you don't) doesn't even enter your mind, you just buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment